Technical Training Specialist – Networks
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Qwaltec is actively recruiting for a Technical Training Specialist to join our team in Las Cruces, NM. The Technical Training Specialist will support the Space Communications Network Services (SCNS) contract supporting the NASA Space Network (SN). This position will responsible for planning and developing training, as well as providing classroom and hands-on instruction in support of the NASA SN mission.
- Perform training related activities associated with a multi-ground station satellite system.
- Provide instructional support to operators, maintainers, and inspectors.
- Present instructional material in both group and one-on-one classroom environments.
- Develop training curriculum and supporting documentation such as positional certification guides, skills catalogs, and training processes and procedures.
- Follow and maintain the Space Network Training Plan.
- Travel as required to maintain instructor certifications and provide training at remote SN ground stations.
- Strong technical background with experience in satellite operations, satellite ground systems or related discipline.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Basic familiarity with reading and following technical documentation and engineering drawings.
- Strong foundational knowledge of Linux (RHEL, SUSE, etc.), Microsoft Windows, Cisco technologies, general computer networking, and general IT security.
- Basic familiarity with engineering, technology, and quality assurance.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat, and Learning Management Systems.
- Experience developing technical training material for NASA aerospace programs.
- Cisco Certified Networking Associate or equivalent certification.
- CompTIA Security+ or equivalent certification.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent field.
- 6+ years of directly related experience in a technical training/instructional/satellite operations environment.
- This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a Secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a U.S. Citizen and show proof of citizenship.