Remote Site Technician
Ascension Island (ASCN), Diego Garcia (DIEGO), and Kwajalein Atoll (KWAJ)
We are seeking Remote Site Technicians to support the GPS Engineering, Analysis and Remote Site Sustainment II (GEARSS II) contract. The GEARSS II contract is the vehicle the GPS program sustainment organization (SMC/GPL) will use to satisfy the AFSPC/CC vision that all sustainment contracts for mission system maintenance and support would fall under SMC contract management and administration. SMC/GPL is chartered to ensure the Operational Control Segment (OCS) viability until the next generation control segment (OCX) effort is developed and fielded. GEARSS II provides organizational maintenance and operational support services to the operational unit that will include remote site technicians, Network Administrative Officers (NAO) and operations support.
- Technical degree from an accredited college OR equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years related experience with satellite-based system with preference for GPS crew operations, remote site operations, and GPS subject matter expertise
- US citizenship required
- Must be US Government Clearance Eligible
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Perform Remote Site maintenance and operations support per maintenance TOs to include but not limited to, providing maintenance manning on-site with on-call support as required.
- Perform site-specific essential duties as required, to meet mission requirement.
- Maintain Forward Supply Point and Bench stock assets, with accurate inventories IAW the authorized sparing levels.
- Support all troubleshooting activities until anomalous conditions are correctly resolved and operations are restored to normal status.
- Conduct all preventive and periodic maintenance required by published procedures.
- Conduct and manage the Test, Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) program.
- Maintain current and accurate technical documentation.
- Monitor all on-site construction activities.
- Perform remote site safety for remote sites for all on-site facilities (ground safety), all on-site GEARSS contractor personnel (industrial safety) and mission system safety.
- Perform Emergency Management requirements for Remote site for all on-site GEARSS contractors.
- Perform COMSEC Responsible Officer (CRO) duties for all mission locations that require handling of COMSEC materials
- Experience utilizing Integrated Maintenance Data System (IMDS) for documenting all maintenance actions.
- Drive toward continuous innovation, adding-value, reducing cycle time and cost
- Demonstrated relevant technical abilities
- Strong written communication skills – will write technical memos, documentation, and scripts
- Written and spoken proficiency in English is required
- Results driven with strong sense of ownership
- Ability to provide critical thinking to a wide array of problems and develop solutions
- Ability to work well both independently and in team structures
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Background in working a satellite-based system.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: This position requires the candidate to have an active Secret clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
For more information visit www.qwaltec.com.
Please send resumes to email@example.com.