Operations Support Specialist – Training, Simulations and Procedures
Schriever AFB Colorado Springs, CO
We are seeking Operations and Training Specialists to support the GPS Engineering, Analysis and Remote Site Sustainment II (GEARSS II) contract who are able to design, develop, and update training, procedures, and operations manuals for satellite ground system operations and maintenance personnel. The GEARSS II contract is the vehicle the GPS program sustainment organization (SMC/GPL) will use to satisfy the AFSPC/CC vision that all sustainment contracts for mission system maintenance and support would fall under SMC contract management and administration. SMC/GPL is chartered to ensure the Operational Control Segment (OCS) viability until the next generation control segment (OCX) effort is developed and fielded. GEARSS II provides organizational maintenance and operational support services to the operational unit that will include remote site technicians, Network Administrative Officers (NAO) and operations support.
- Technical degree from an accredited college OR equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years related experience with satellite-based system with preference for GPS crew operations, remote site operations, and GPS subject matter expertise
- S citizenship required
- Must be US Government Clearance Eligible
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Provide direct operations support and analysis to 2 SOPS at the MCS and AMCS
- Develop and deliver technical content across multiple subjects at a variety of levels to different audience levels via classroom and web-based formats.
- Write procedures and operations manuals for technical systems.
- Integrate with engineering and technical development teams.
- Support procedure development, data analysis and other related activities.
- Plan, create and execute simulations for operational testing and proficiency training
- Support simulation operations that require scripting and continuous support during exercises/rehearsals
- Perform simulations at SAFB and at offsite training facilities within the Colorado Springs area.
- Experience developing technical training material for USAF programs is highly desired.
- Strong technical background with experience in satellite operations, satellite ground systems or related discipline.
- Experience in Instructional Systems Design (ISD) processes and applications.
- Ability to quickly learn highly technical products using pre-release documentation and pre-release software and hardware.
- Ability to take initiative and contribute in a fast paced, dynamic development environment. Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Drive toward continuous innovation, adding-value, reducing cycle time and cost
- Demonstrated relevant technical abilities
- Strong written communication skills – will write technical memos, documentation, and scripts
- Written and spoken proficiency in English is required
- Results driven with strong sense of ownership
- Ability to provide critical thinking to a wide array of problems and develop solutions
- Ability to work well both independently and in team structures
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Background in working a satellite-based system.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: This position requires the candidate to have an active Secret clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
For more information visit www.qwaltec.com.
Please send resumes to email@example.com.