Assistant Program Manager – Satellite Operations & Maintenance
Colorado Springs, CO
Qwaltec has an immediate opening for a Satellite O&M Assistant Program Manager (APM) at the Naval Satellite Operations Center (NAVSOC) Detachment D located at Colorado Springs, CO. NAVSOC is responsible for operating, managing and maintaining communications satellite systems that provide reliable satellite service to the users worldwide. The APM supervises Operations Technician Generalists and Specialists that perform all activities listed below, and is also expected to take on these tasks and other roles such as mission planning, checklist maintenance, and other mission essential tasks.
Operations Technicians are responsible for real-time interactive spacecraft commanding and data capture activities for assigned spacecraft contacts. In performance of their responsibilities, the Operations Technicians will:
- Perform Telemetry, Tracking, and Control functions for assigned satellites including:
- Receiving and processing satellite telemetry and mission data
- Upload commands to the spacecraft according to contact plans and verify spacecraft response to these commands.
- Perform activities that directly interact with the spacecraft and the ground network during real-time support.
- Perform Mission Planning and Scheduling activities to ensure satellite contact requirements are met.
- Monitor tactical spacecraft performance and detect spacecraft anomalies.
- Monitor performance of the payload including science instruments and any instrument support subsystems during real time operations.
- Ensure the ground system network assets are available, functioning and configured to support mission requirements.
- Record mission anomalies and prepare reports to inform NAVSOC management of the current readiness of the NAVSOC ground system and all on-orbit system.
- Perform other associated functions as assigned by the Program Manager.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Technical Leadership
- Interfacing with Labor Unions
- Computer Operations
- Ability to quickly identify and solve technical problems
- Ability to plan and schedule operational activities
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form
- Satellite Command and Control
- Knowledge of the Navy Satellite Control Network (NSCN)
- Knowledge of the Air Force Satellite Control Network (AFSCN)
- Technical management and leadership training
- Technical training in satellite communications or satellite operation
- Experience in Satellite constellation command and control, Electronics, Telecommunication, Information Technology and other technical fields may be substituted as the situation allows.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Navy 3M 301 certification
- Ability to obtain and maintain Crypto / EKMS certification
- This position requires a current Secret Security Clearance
For more information visit www.qwaltec.com.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.